2017-2018 Registration, Tuition, and Studio Policies & Procedures
Broadway Bound Dance Center (“BBDC) or (“The Studio”): School year is a 10-month school year beginning in September and ending in June. Students may register at any time of the year. BBDC school year does not follow any theological calendar. It reflects the Dumont academic public school year schedule. This studio does not issue refunds or credits due to illness, vacations, religious observances, extended travel or for any other reason deemed non-refundable by BBDC.
Tuition and Fees
Upon registration and payment of fees, and in accord with the BBDC policies, I understand the following:
- Tuition is a yearly charge and must be paid before student attends class as per the payment option selected on the reverse side of the contract. Tuition is a yearly charge and it is divided into monthly increments for your convenience. Tuition is not prorated.
- Payment may be made by auto payment, check or cash or credit card. There is a non-refundable registration fee for all students of $35.00.
- My account payment is due by the 10th of each month if options 2 or 3 are selected. If payment is not made by this date, a $15.00 late fee will be added on the 11th of that month.
- Any returned check will incur a $35.00 fee to cover bank charges incurred by The Studio.
- If a check has been returned for non-payment, only CASH payments will be accepted for the remainder of the BBDC school year.
- No personal checks will be accepted after April 30th of the current BBDC school year. Only CASH will be accepted.
- Students will not be able to participate in class if tuition is not current.
- June Tuition and Membership Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Class withdrawal by a student/guardian must be conveyed in writing via email to the BBDC office staff at email@example.com by the 1st of the month of intended termination. If BBDC does not receive this conveyance by the 1st of the intended withdrawal month, I am required to make full payment of that month’s tuition.
- Correspondence from BBDC will be made via email. The Studio does not send statements. Payments are due according to the payment schedule of my selected Payment Option. I will mail my payment if the due date falls during a school break and auto payment or credit card has not been established.
- Any alteration to a payment plan will be executed through Automatic Payment processing from my checking/savings account or credit card.
- Any modifications to auto payment accounts must be given to the office one month prior to billing on the 15th of that month. Late payments will incur a charge.
Make Up Classes
Make up classes are not offered. What we do offer is the opportunity to try another genre in place of the missed class. After January 1st missed classes will not be allowed to try any new genre.
BBDC reserves the right to combine classes or shorten class duration subject to enrollment. We make every effort not to cancel a class when enrollment for that class is less than six students. This is not a guarantee that said class will not be canceled.
I hereby authorize BBDC is authorized to electronically debit my bank account or credit card for the amount of any NSF paper check or auto-debit transaction plus a $35.00 NSF charge.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Written notice of class withdrawal via email must be presented to the office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, not to the instructor of the class of such withdrawal. There is a $30.00 termination charge. No withdrawal will be accepted, nor refunds processed, after March 1st of the current BBDC school year. To withdraw from a class, a parent or legal guardian must inform BBDC administration via email at email@example.com. If a refund(s) is(are) accepted by BBDC, said refund(s) will be processed on December 15th and March 15th of the current BBDC school year. There are no refunds if you withdraw from a class(es) in the middle of any given month, choose other activities over dance class or voluntarily miss a class. Tuition is still due for that month. For illness or family emergency please contact the office.
Extreme Weather of Unexpected Interruption of Classes
If BBDC cancels a class(es) due to extreme weather or any event deemed necessary by The Studio, replacement of missed class(es) will be scheduled at the director’s discretion. Call the studio at (201) 385-4114 for a prerecorded message to find out if a class(es) are canceled for such reasons.
Show and Costumes
- A deposit of $65.00 per costume is due by November 1st of the current BBDC school year. Once a costume is ordered, this deposit(s) in non-refundable.
- All costume balances are due by February 1st of the current BBDC school year.
- Any costume payments received after the due dates will incur a $15.00 late fee for each month that payment is late and will be assessed to your account.
- There may be minor alterations necessary to your child’s costume (i.e., hook & eye, hemming etc.) that you will be responsible for.
- If your child takes multiple classes and/or has siblings in the school, BBDC makes every attempt to get all their routines in one show; however, this is not a guarantee and parents may be required to attend more than one show.
Parent’s Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events
- I understand It is the parents’ responsibility to be aware of all school activities, such as observation days, recitals, extra classes and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on the Information Board in The Studio and email reminders to the email address that you have supplied to BBDC. I understand it is the parents’ responsibility to regularly check these boards and emails to ensure they are informed.
- By giving us your mobile number, you are granting permission to keep you updated of school closings and other important information.
Dance Class Etiquette
- Tardiness to class is unacceptable. For the safety of each student, any students arriving 10 minutes late to class may only be permitted to observe that class.
- Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class will result in students being asked to sit out the class for which the student is “unprepared.” Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes that are worn on the street or outdoors.
Release / Liability Waiver
In consideration of the benefits derived from BBDC, students/guardians waive all claims arising from dance instruction, rehearsal, training and performance at The Studio, whether cause by negligence or otherwise, and for bodily injury, property damage or loss otherwise, that student may incur against BBDC, it successors and assigns, is officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and their heirs, executors and administrators. Additionally, students/guardians waive all claims arising out of (1) the act of being transported to and from such activities, or (2) other BBDC events or functions. The student(s) named on this contract does voluntarily participate in any/all BBDC activities and I understand that certain risks are involved and waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the student(s) before, during or a after class time. It is required that all students be covered by their families insurance. If injury occurs it is understood that the student’s own policy is the only source of reimbursement.
I certify that the student(s) listed on this contract is(are) in good health and capable of participating in all the activities and classes.
I am also aware that BBDC may videotape or photograph students throughout the BBDC school year. The school is hereby granted permission to use this media in promotional materials/advertising, including but not limited to brochures, website, posters, flyers, postcards, or web banners. Permission is hereby granted for the school to copyright such videotape or photographs in its own name.
Note: Upon registering and payment for classes at BBDC, you are agreeing to the above Studio Policies, terms and conditions. This page is for your ease in reference.